It's usually obvious...

Ties? Now and again, just to confuse people. A suit? I can only think of once since 1996 when I'd been to a funeral in the morning.

Reply to
Andy Burns

On Monday 20 January 2014 09:07 Andy Burns wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I don't, even for funerals.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I wore one for my interview. They've since been amused to hear me say - and then think and agree - that if everyone had been wearing one I wouldn't have taken the job.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

About a decade ago I discovered that the rather expensive suit I had last worn around the millennium had gained a few moth holes, so out it went. Then I looked at the others, and found I was no longer the shape I was, so out they went. My shoes still fit but there are three black pairs unworn for a decade.

Reply to
djc

I've lost 3 stone in the last 3 years, so all my suits are too big ...

Reply to
Huge

My suit is a bit baggy...I've lost 4 stone in the last 6 months! But is was a bit 'cosy' before and I'll buy a new one when I reach target weight..

Reply to
Bob Eager

So you are no longer Huge? :-)

Reply to
harryagain

Wow! How did you do that?

Reply to
Bob Martin

There some guys here who consistently give good advice (and some who just want an argument) ... but often what I want is almost a virtual whiteboard session ... punt a Q, and a few suggestions usually lead to an answer ... often you come up with it yourself after the suggestions.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

or ask how to do something on a PC and someone will tell you it should be done on a MAC ... not very helpful.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Think you mean an iPad.

I was asked by a 'blonde' "you can't burn a CD on an iPad can you ?"

Well somneone had suggested she get a tablet rather than a laptop.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

There's a lot in what you say. Sometimes the simple act of sitting down and trying to explain a problem so that it can (hopefully) be understood, can help in seeing a potential solution.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Think you mean Mac. And such answers are very helpful.

Reply to
Tim Streater

On Thursday 23 January 2014 13:10 Rick Hughes wrote in uk.d-i-y:

If I wanted to go there I wouldn't start from here...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Generally by the time I have framed a problem clearly enough for someone else to understand, the problem is already 90% solved, in the sense that shows me where I need to look.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just calorie counting. There's an interactive website that helps.

Reply to
Bob Eager

On Thursday 23 January 2014 16:36 Bob Eager wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Do you have a link? I could do with adjusting my factor of ovitude a bit!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Bob Eager

I have this rough rule of thumb, 300 calories is one ounce of body weight either going on or coming off. Don't know how real it is, but it seems to work. The older I get, the lower the total daily calorie count needs to be.

Reply to
Capitol