Is it worth owt? - Belfast sink

I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use for. I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver today by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff. Is the fad over?

Reply to
R D S

I will buy it of you. I use them for beer making.

I suppose you are miles away.

I am in Leeds. W. Yorkshire.

Kind Regards

Micky

Reply to
Micky Savage

Back in 1960 when I was 7 when I was at boarding school, they used to bath us in those. Followed by a compulsory cold shower. Don't ask, it was an odd school.

Reply to
Graham

ones going for £20 on ebay

Reply to
Kevin

Is it definitely a Belfast and not a butler? Butler sinks =A3500+ on Lassco's website.

Reply to
Lino expert

It's definitely a Belfast, from these people,

R D S

Darwen (Nr Blackburn), Lancs.

Is that too far for you?

Reply to
R D S

What's the difference?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So am I. I've got several - only standard sizes though.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Belfasts have got Weir overflows...butlers haven't.

Reply to
Lino expert

his fiver was trying his luck.

Reply to
Lino expert

Thanks!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh No , Love your place. What do you want for it?

Kind Regards,

Micky

Reply to
Micky Savage

Belfasts have got Weir overflows...butlers haven't.

A Belfast sink is a type of Butler Sink:

mark

It sure is...one with an overflow :o)

Reply to
Lino expert

'eeee it's a whole new world. Making beer in 't sink (bath full of coal I suppose). Must be a Northern thing.

Southern Jessie :o)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

When I visited a brewery years ago, the stuff was brewed in open stainless steel basins the size of an average pub bar...

I remember putting my head down to sniff the stuff, and getting a lungful of pure CO2..not recommended.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't make beer in our sinks, I grow plants in some, there's a pond in the biggest and the other is full of stones for some reason.

It's a northern thing. Soft Southerners, I've been told, wash dishes in them.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

>An excellent bit of knowledge!

Thanks,

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hi. LOL no coal in bath the wife goes mad.

Micky

Reply to
Micky Savage