Is it possible to view gas/electric regs online?

Is it possible to view the gas and electric regs online i.e. rules re.siting of gas flues, earthing regs etc. Now that DIY is slowly being 'hijacked' by the state, probably due to a few incompetents blowing themselves up. Nevertheless any works I do should follow the rules to the letter. The work itself is not rocket science. Why pay through the nose for a 'professional'?
SS wrote:

Hmm, I'm sure the FOI Act is/should be involved somewhere.
--
Alex Meaden
Technical Support Officer

Dunno about the gas regulations (anything in Ed's gas fitting FAQ?) but the electrical regs are freely available for purchase.
Though I've not found the need so far, a copy of the onsite guide and the help of the esteemed posters to this group has been enough.
--
Chris French

If you want access online to the relevant British Standards you'll have to pay for them. A full set too cover both gas and electricity installations will run to about GBP500.
| | >Is it possible to view the gas and electric regs online i.e. rules re.siting | >of gas flues, earthing regs etc. Now that DIY is slowly being 'hijacked' by | >the state, probably due to a few incompetents blowing themselves up. | >Nevertheless any works I do should follow the rules to the letter. The work | >itself is not rocket science. Why pay through the nose for a 'professional'? | | If you want access online to the relevant British Standards you'll | have to pay for them. A full set too cover both gas and electricity | installations will run to about GBP500.
Try the local Central Libraries. I have seen British Standards there, but for reference only.
--
Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk>
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.
Matt wrote:

True, but most of the info you actually need (frinstance flue positions) is in the building regs (Approved Docs - go google) which are freely available online.
If you want access to the BSes find a friend who has Athena access at a Uni :-)
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:26:38 +0000, john.stumbles wrote:

It's the BSs which contain the really useful info for gas fitting. 8-( Summaries of their contents (with regard to domestic gas fitting) can be found in somewhat cheaper 3rd party texts try. www.vipergas.co.uk
HTH
Is it possible to view the gas and electric regs online i.e. rules re.siting of gas flues, earthing regs etc. Now that DIY is slowly being 'hijacked' by the state, probably due to a few incompetents blowing themselves up. Nevertheless any works I do should follow the rules to the letter. The work itself is not rocket science. Why pay through the nose for a 'professional'?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Do you think the answer will be any different than it was yesterday when you asked the same question?