Is an RCBO an adequate replacement for an isolator?

Ouch. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In most cases they as they are attached to the cold mains. Plastic pipe negates the natural earthing via a metal pipe.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If that were you bury your earth?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

How 1960s. Do you wear Chelsea boots?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You not have any braincells at all. Sad but true.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, further into the mouth of idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This tattooed man is for Essex you know.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wibbled on Saturday 14 November 2009 14:23

John Steed is my hero...

Reply to
Tim W

Doctor Drivel wibbled on Saturday 14 November 2009 14:23

At least mine are playing as an orchestra. Yours are more like a bucket of instruments lobbed into a nursery group.

Reply to
Tim W

Wonder what his first language is? WeedSpeak?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , John Rumm Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:47:14 writes

[....]

Thank you John. I have a much clearer picture now.

Reply to
Les Desser

In article , Tim W Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:03:11 writes

You have just answered a problem that has been nagging at the back of my mind.

Recently one of my rings developed a short under a concrete slab so I had to create a break in the ring.

I was wondering how to make it legal but then forgot about it.

So if I fuse each leg at 20A it should be OK.

In fact if I fuse both combined at 20A that should also be legal. (Not sure if I still have a spare way in my old box)

Just got to go and find some of the old large brown Crabtree MCBs. Anyone know off hand what I need to Google for?

Reply to
Les Desser

At last we are in agreement.

Reply to
John Rumm

I saw the royal tattoo in Earls Court once, does that count?

Reply to
John Rumm

Yup.

Also ok, assuming that 20A total is enough capacity for your requirement

eBay might also help

Reply to
John Rumm

Eff off you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Cor! This plantpot walks around in a bowler hat.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

How about the voices as well.

Reply to