IP Cam configuraton V380

OK, I picked up a really cheap, new it's box, PTZ IP camera from a charity shop to play about with, which I seem to have tracked down to a model V380. It only offers wifi access, no LAN and it seems to be designed to operate as an access point mode, or to work with an existing wifi access point. The later is selected by pressing the reset button for two seconds and pressing the button (name) on a router to allow it to log in - except it doesn't. That despite resetting a spare router to default 192 range and knowing the cam's default IP is

192.168.1.1.

Browsing to 192.168.1.1, whilst connected to it's AP, does nothing. The only official way to configure it, is using an Iphone App, or an Android phone App, to be able to access and change the IP. Needless to say, I don't have access to either.

I did manage to find a PC App, which does allow the output of cam to be seen on my laptop, move it, plus audio, providing I switch my network access point from my router, to the cam's AP - but the App seems to have no facility to change the cam's configuration. I want to put the cam on my 10.?.?.? network.

I have tried Telnet via various ports (80; 8899, 554) to the cam, when connected to the AP, it doesn't respond at all. Suggestions please to find a way to get in to configure it?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield has brought this to us :

..and I have tried both Iphone and Andoid PC emulators.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

These devices tend to use WiFi protected setup (WPS) for initial connection by physically pressing the WPS button on the router. However, some routers disable WPS by default so you may need to hunt for a WPS option in the router menu and turn it on. You usually have only a very short time (30 sec or so) to press the router WPS button on the router after starting WPS on the camera. (WPS does not work with WEP).

Reply to
Peter Parry

on 27/01/2019, Peter Parry supposed :

I didn't know that, but I have since set the router to no encryption and it still didn't connect.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

You probably need to set it to WPA, WPS picks up the password automatically.

Reply to
Peter Parry

It happens that Peter Parry formulated :

The cam speaks, and tell you what it is doing, which is how you tell whether you have it set as an AP or if it is trying WPS. Once set to WPS, it speaks every few minutes that it is trying to connect to Smartlink.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

No its a real bugger. Also the address seems to be the address many routers themselves use, which is probably why you can see it on a laptop! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It happens that Harry Bloomfield formulated :

Got it !

Bluestacks emulator with the Android version of V380 just brought up a blank white screen in the V380 software. However the Android V380s version worked, it allowed the cam to be configured and to log itself into my network access point.

The PC V380 software was then able to use the camera, my my routers access point..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield