International Company Now Hiring.(5897)

I've tried to use Sealants from hardware stores, but they take an

>infinite amount of time to dry - infact they never dry and eventually >wash-away or dry 6-months later and then crack. > >My shower has been leaking slightly for a long time. There is a small >gap around the shower basin and the tiles that neads to be sealed with >something. > >There must be some quick-setting sealant that is 100% water-proof and >can dry in damp conditions? I was thinking of filling it with >epoxy-resin or something. > >Is it too much to ask for a sealant that can seal in non-ideal >conditions?

I used Unibond bathroom and shower sealant from the local shed. Expensive at 8 quid a go but it's so bloody waterproof it's v.difficult to smooth it after application 'cos it sticks to

*everything*. Flexible too, the only thing that broke it in our case was for some reason the shower tray managed to drop a few mm (don't ask why, I dunno yet!) and the stuff stretched and broke the grout on the surrounding tiles resulting in much leakage.....

The moral to this tale is if yer tray doesn't drop this stuff is good! IMO obviously.

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
suman

[...]