Interlinking hard wired smoke & CO alarms_continued

Reply doesnt work, so having to post new message.
Tks for reply but I now see just the item I'm after; has arrived this side of pond http://www.kiddefyrnetics.co.uk/RechargeableCOAlarms.shtml
I see on this US site

Try looking here:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Fire_and_Smoke/Kidde_COSM /
Mogweed.
Mogweed Nov 18, 12:09 pm show options
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:09:03 +0000 (UTC) Local: Fri, Nov 18 2005 12:09 pm Subject: Re: Interlinking hard wired smoke & CO alarms Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

Doh! Just realized that these are battery only. The Kidde website (http://www.kiddefyrnetics.co.uk /) makes no mention of mains, interconnectable, combination smoke/CO alarms so I guess they don't do them for this country.
Mogweed

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it's not the same as the US one. You said that the US one is a dual alarm, sounding different tones when it detects smoke or CO. The rechargeable CO alarm is just that - CO, not both.
Mogweed.

Nice! My system is Kidde Fyrnetics. I could one of those heading in my direction, or perhaps 2. (Kitchen for gas cooker and loft for the boiler). I certainly don't want to change brands. My Fyrnetics installation has some additional features, like setting off the main intruder alarm's fire zone.
Christian.