Insurance Premiums

So the moral is Direct Line advertise the fact that they don't pay to be included on comparison websites, but they don't tell you they will shaft you if you don't compare their prices.

Personally, I would avoid them in future.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Indeed. I've written to them asking for an explanation. The renewal isn't due until next month.

I've found them fine when dealing with a couple of claims over the years on the cars. One for an awfully expensive rear screen on the old Rover.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We had two small claims 2-3 ago years amounting to less than £2k. For the next two years we were unable to get a low quote shopping around, but endured a slightly inflated premium with the exiating insurer, depite not having made a claim in the previous 30 years.

Reply to
<me9

I worked for an insurance company for over 35 years. There was a time when loyalty counted for something. Nowadays it is where they are most likely to turn a profit in the future. Competition is so fierce that everything possible is done to keep prices down for the perceived good risks. Fraud is sufficiently prevalent that the last office I worked in had 2 ex-Scotland Yard detectives. Computer models ensure that prices vary from hour to hour to balance portfolios. Rock bottom premiums for the best risks mean that any person with a claims history is uprated by the computer system or charged more because a human actually has to get involved in assessing the risk.

Reply to
Invisible Man

They'll shaft you if you don't keep an eye on them. :-(

Reply to
grantly