Insulation works

As I have probably mentioned before I have a 40m2 timber framed garage in which I am creating a 4.8m X 2.3m Mancave at the back end. The floor, outer walls, dividing wall and ceiling have all been insulated with 75mm PU insulation. With me only getting the power installed now, previously the room has been unheated but these last few days have been a real test of the insulation. Despite outside temperatures in the high twenties and the uninsulated part of the garage getting quite hot the mancave has remained remarkably cool. So if it is not letting heat in it bodes well for keeping heat in now that I will be able to heat it, success!

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

My highly insulated mancave was where I spent all my time in lockdown, working from home.

After a 3 day weekend (I only worked 4 day weeks) it was perishing in winter. It took a while to get it nice and warm.

Once it was warm the heat from the computer, the screens, and myself was enough to keep it warm.

Today I am sitting here with the door open. It can be a bit too warm in hot weather!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

How is it ventilated though? Brian