Installing new door, making good

I am in the process of putting a new door into the garage, in the hallway I have framed the door to be on the same plane as the dot and dab plaster board so that side is going to look good when finished. On the other side it is in the garage so doesn't need to look perfect but the problem I am having is that the door frame is set back about 2 inches from the level of the blockwork. Also there is a gap between rough opening and the frame that needs filling.

My initial thoughts are to extend the frame out so that it is level with wood and then plasterboard.

Anyone have any other ideas? or any links to websites with ideas?

Cheers Paul

Reply to
Paul ( Skiing8 )

pad out with timber - then architrave or bring the frame level with the blockwork on the house side of the wall and make good on the garage side.

builders foam. best invention after multipack 1mm to 10mm plastic window frame spacers. without those two 'tools' this house I'm bashing would look well skew-iff

RT

Reply to
[news]

A new door and frame will require building regs for fire control,and the use of building foam will also need to be firetardent.

Reply to
Alex