Installing new boiler

Just a warning and a pre-emptive thank you to the group, as I have taken it upon myself to install a combi condenser boiler myself. Consequently I will be bombarding this group with a whole host of questions, most of them probably very stupid. I've bought the boiler using an Energy Efficient Voucher, price exc vat £610 for and Ideal Isar 30HE, with standard flue.

Today I cleaned the old system with x400 sludge remover. and replaced two old non-convector single fin radiators with double convectors (though haven't plumbeed them in yet for obvious reasons.

I will be flusing all the radiators out with a hose once the x400 has been worked through the system.

Jon

Reply to
jon

How does one go about doing that, and is it a significant saving, or do you get tied to buying it from somewhere expensive to start with?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Doctor Evil

See here:

them a ring and ask for an application pack. Very friendly, and efficient.

Jon

Reply to
jon

- Make sure you put a strainer on the heating return to the boiler, you may want to put a full bore valve either side to clean the filter. This is very important.

- Make sure you fully flush the existing system.

- Have the cold pipe supplying the combi run back to the stop-c*ck. Have "no" cold water tees off this pipe. Take only one tee off it, just before the combi, the cold feed to the shower mixer.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Where can I get this strainer-thing. Just had a quick gander on screwfix and couldn't find anything.

Cheers

Jon

Reply to
jon

Part No. 7533

boiler manufacturers state that one must be fitted on new and old installations.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

My Vaillant combi came supplied with one - just like a tea strainer, it fits in the pipe/compression fitting where it connects to the combi. If you already have the combi have a poke through the bits that come wth it.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

conversion kit where appropriate. Prices correct 20/2/04. All boilers are SEDBUK rated A, and include a 2 year warranty. £50 cashback per boiler is no longer available, but we hope to re-institute this sometime in the next few months. More complete range of boilers (including LPG and oil) available, please phone for details.

Reply to
David Hearn

The Ideal also comes with.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

There is a filter/flow regiulator on the DHW inlet, but not on the CH return.

Jon

Reply to
jon

Consequently

Put a strainer on the CH return with a full bore valve either side. Then empty and clear this regularly over the first year or so. Putting in X400 doesn't clear everything. I prefer the stronger Fernox CH cleaner that does get rid of almost everything. Well worth it.

Alpha boilers have an integral cyclone that catches all the debris and a trap to release the debris. This should be done on each service.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

You've told me to do this on four other replies, so the brain washing finally paid of, as I've just ordered the stuff form BES.

Jon

Reply to
jon

Good.