2 Radiators not getting hot

Hello,

Last year I put some fernox in the system and flushed it out and put in inhibitor. The radiators are so much hotter than they used to be, and the boiler makes less noise.

But...

Now two radiators downstairs are not getting hot unless I turn the other ones upstairs off. Presumably, blockages in the upstairs cirtuit are cleared and less pressure/flow is available to the downstairs radiators.

Can anyone suggest anytthing I can do to improve the flow downstairs. I've put some sludge remover (Sentinel X400 or something similar - can't remember the name) in to make sure there's no blockage downstairs.

thanks

JB PS. Pump is quite new (fitted it after flushing with fernox) and quite powerful in terms of output. Can check on make/model if necessary

Reply to
John Biddiscombe

It probably just a matter of balancing the system - by partially closing the lockshield valves on the hottest rads in order to force more of the flow through the others. If this creates more overall resistance to flow, you may need to increase the pump speed if it is adjustable.

Cheers, Set Square ______ Please reply to newsgroup. Reply address is invalid.

Reply to
Set Square

First thing to do is to follow the balancing procedure as outlined in the FAQ.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Found " The UK.D-I-Y Frequently Asked Questions Phil Addison's Balancing Central Heating Radiators FAQ"

Thanks. for both of the replies, I'll follow this procedure.

JB

Reply to
John Biddiscombe

It's not a five minute job to do properly, but should sort 99% of these type of problems. If it doesn't, you'll soon get help here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)