Installing Lights in Spain

Hello All

Just about to go to Spain and need to fix some lights in my apartment. Is there anything I need to watch out for, is their wiring very different from the UK?

Any advice..........

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
Richard

They use the star system rather than a ring main. Also their workmanship is very poor. Also there maybe more than one disbribution board.

Reply to
zaax

Only thing to watch out for is that some installations aren't too fussy about differentiating live and neutral wires. Some of my lights were wired with just blue covered single-core wire. The spanish also require junctions to be covered with square pull-out panels that are flush with the walls.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Lynch