Installing a new font - problems

I have two users on my computer, one administrator and one user (me). I run it as a user almost exclusively, except when having to update stuff or install new stuff.
I run Windows 7 and MS Office 2007, including WORD.
Just recently I wanted to change the font of a document to one that isn't in the ones that come as standard. I downloaded the font from the Internet, https://www.1001fonts.com/typewriter-fonts.html and attempted to install it, but it was blocked, I assumed because I was running as a user. Changing to administrator mode, I was able to install it, and it appeared in the list of fonts in C:\windows\fonts.
However, when I came to use it in WORD, as a user, I could not, nor was it visible in the list of fonts in C:\windows\fonts. But if I go into WORD as administrator, I can use it in my WORD document and it's visible in the font list. Saving the document and returning to it as a user, the font again isn't there in the list and some other font has been picked up in its place.
So how do I get to use that font as a user?
--

Chris

Chris Hogg wrote:

Logon on as admin, download the font, right click it and choose "install for all users" ... works for me on Win10, can't say if it's the same for Win7.

Thanks for your reply, but "install for all users" doesn't seem to be an option in Win7.
However, it set me thinking, and I had a go at changing the 'permissions' to 'all users', rebooting the computer, and that seems to have worked. Thanks again.
--

Chris

On 08/09/2019 11:30, Chris Hogg wrote:

I was going to suggest that from Linux experience...but you got there anyway.
--
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong.”
On 08/09/2019 11:30, Chris Hogg wrote:

Can you give your user account temporary admin rights, install the font, and then return account to user?
That is strange, as mine asks even on win 7 if you go through the add new font wizard. If you just plonk it in, then you need to mess with permissions as it defaults to just the current user if its admin and won't copy if its not. Brian
--
----- --
Never saw a wizard. Just unpacked the zip file, right-clicked on the ttf file, selected 'install' and it just did it.

--

Chris

On Sunday, 8 September 2019 10:32:35 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

win98 mode: copy the font .ttf file into windows/fonts. Restart or wait until it crashes. Put too many fonts there & it gets oh so slow. Maybe consider an upgrade from your 233MHz hardware.
I got to know win98 backwards. At which point it was obsolete.
NT
Yes its always been like that. It should be fine, otherwise how would admins ever update anything? Brian
--
----- --