Installing a gas combi boiler

Sadly agree. Step 1 - IT director (nee salesman) hires 'consultant'. Step 2 - Consultant becomes cheerleader for director while not really understanding project team's concerns. Step 3 - Project team no longer with a voice, resort to playing buzzword bingo during meetings. Step 4 - Consultant walks away with about 50% of project cost in 'fees' shortly before sh*t hits fan. Step 5 - Project team get cut, remainder blighted, as they must be to blame.

Reply to
Toby

"geoff" wrote | >Very true, I've come across many cowboys in IT. | Not for long, as all the IT will soon be being done by Indians

Well we know what Royalty thinks of Indian electricians :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , Andy Hall writes

Making sure that the gas pipe does not pass too close to electric cables, and that it is protected from brick and plaster where it passes through walls etc.

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

Maxie. Concentrate. We have a pretentious fool here, who the point in question. Now focus a little.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

Yes, we do have you, don't we

You could try and focus on typing sentences which make sense

Reply to
geoff

You must've been working at the same places as me :-)

Reply to
BillR

Reply to
BillR

Up pop's our ng's *Hero" and spouts:

"British attitude" get a life you f*****g idiot.

Reply to
zulu740

The flues on modern combis I've installed were a doodle to get right. The install instructions were very clear. (I guess they have to be for the average muppet that fits them)

I installed my 1st CH system >25 years ago. It was quite a common DIY thing then. There were books that told you how to do it. I reckon a conscientious and knowledgeable DIYer has every incentive to do a super safe job in his own home, its him who is going to be harmed if its done wrong. That why I started in DIY many years ago. I just wasn't satisfied with the quality of tradesmen's work. It seemed I always had to go round checking upon and correcting what they'd done. Just came across another example when I changed my fusebox to a CU. The neutral meter tail in the orig hadn't been tightened thoroughly by the installer when the house was new 22 years ago. Consequently the bakelite around the connection was all charred. This was not visible until I took the old box apart.

Reply to
BillR

LOL You are much fun.

Reply to
IMM

You haven't been around then? That is obvious!

Reply to
IMM

Yup, just like BGas don't..

Reply to