Installation of multi-fuel burner

Hi there

I?ve just been given a quote for some work to be done on my propert from an accredited HETAS engineers. The quote given was £250:-

Installation of a 5k Solid fuel Burner (no boiler) Antidraft Cawl to be place on chimney

The chimney has already been lined and no further work is require there, and the present flue pipe is apparently sufficient.

Can you tell me if this quote is reasonable or not, it seems a bi excessive to me.

Hope somebody can help me

-- pritchj

Reply to
pritchj

We were quoted £400 to do the above, plus installing a gas fire in another room (including a hearth, a concrete base for the hearth and install the surround etc)

This was up north though, so labour is cheaper.

Reply to
Séan Connolly