Install electric hob above washing machine?

The bottom wouldn't be exposed, the top of the WM would protect it. Also I wouldn't want to limit the airflow under an induction hob any more than necessary.

Reply to
Graham.

Yes they do, legally. In theory one needs the person responsible for the given section of the notes to give approval for the patient to read them. Some departments may have a blanket policy of letting patients read them, but you might find that does not apply to the whole historical note folder. Or it might, but legally it shouldn't. Don't shoot the messanger, I don't agree with this law myself - it's a bit paternalistic.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

yes they do. I ran into it recently.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Did they leave that there if the patient was sufficiently able-bodied to reach it? Something like that would certainly get my attention & I'd try to get a look at it.

Reply to
Adam Funk

They do. I did. I got told off for it. I don't recall seeing the words "Not to be read by the patient" but the policy still applies.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Graham. wrote on 31/01/2018 :

I have a full set of schematics for my car, but not for any of the electronics or ecu's of course.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I *always* read my notes. And then ask for explanations of what things mean. I was given my notes at one clinic in a sealed envelope to give to the doctor. I opened and read them. No-one's ever complained about this behaviour.

Reply to
Huge

My opinion - since we were repeatedly handed sealed envelopes of scans when my wife was pregnant - has been that "they are our notes, we'll let the doctor read them if we feel like it!" Why the health service thinks that notes, scans, etc. are theirs and not the patient's I don't know.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

legally they are, they're the nhs's property, their notes about us. Still the decision to refuse or make difficult getting basic data eg blood test results does seem more than a little patronising & unhelpful.

I won't even mention their reinterpretation of the DPA.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I think it would be a bad idea not to pass them on to the doctor, but I would certainly have no qualms about opening sealed envelopes of notes on me & looking at them first.

Reply to
Adam Funk

I don't see how you can be expected to know about the policy before you get told off (but I'd read them anyway).

Reply to
Adam Funk

Iniquitously enough, because they *do* legally belong to the health service and not to you. And it is illegal for a random junior staff member of the health service to let you read them. If someone's got the energy, this is worthy of a petition some time. The trouble is that you will find that a lot of people believe that some people (not themselves, you understand) need protecting from the contents of the notes. It is not just (some) doctors who think like this. As I am sure you know, in most countries the medical notes do belong to the patient, and are often kept by the patient.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

it makes as much sense as a lot of NHS decisions.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It's true that a lot of people would be angry if they saw the content of su ch notes. But the problem is not that people need protecting from reality, it's that the NHS's ability to gather & store correct data is hopelessly po or, and they fail to implement any realistic data checking & correcting as per the DPA.

People keeping their own notes would solve a lot of this. The problem is th at people in this country put the nhs on a huge pedestal on which they do n ot remotely belong.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Better than "DNR".

Reply to
Max Demian

Not that anyone enforces it, IME.

Reply to
Huge

It still applies that too. Sometimes it's appropriate.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Since both my father and my father in law chose not to be treated for something because it was a legal way for them to die, and since my mother has a written Living Will which is effectively DNR - Yes.

Sometimes it is appropriate.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris