InSinkerator 15 On/Off Switch

Anyone know anything about these? Ours has just decided not to switch off. Which bit do I replace?

Reply to
bert

Does it have a physical switch or a pneumatic device?

Ours (not the same model as yours) is a pneumatic toggle switch - with a plastic tube going to a button set in the worktop. You press the button to start it and press it again to stop it. If the tube comes off, it doesn't work! Is that what's happened to yours?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Erm, what exactly is it? Never heard of it! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What is one of them when its about? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

+1
Reply to
newshound

Food disposal unit

Reply to
Andy Burns

Indeed. This sort of thing:

Fits under the sink in place of the trap and grinds up food waste so that it can be flushed down the drain.

Reply to
Roger Mills

No I turn the plug clockwise to start and anticlock wise to stop, There appears to be something at the rear which may house some sort of switch with what looks like a cable channel running down the back towards the motor area. What I don't understand is how turning the plug (metal two part thing) can operate the switch.

Reply to
bert

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Waste disposal unit

Reply to
bert

I see they are up to model 100+. Mine is 15 !!!. Has entry point for dishwasher waste pipe too.

The plug on mine looks like this

-i607225.html

It appears to be partially broken so I'll replace that first.

Reply to
bert

Thanks Roger, The switch is activated by rotating the metal plug so you could be right. I feel a dismantling job looming. Must remember to get a new disc for the angle grinder :-)

Reply to
bert

In message , bert writes

Amazing - just mention the angle grinder and suddenly it's all working again!!

Reply to
bert