Info on obtaining type of roof/bay tile (pic link also)

Hi

This morning, a loud clunk from outside revealed one of the tiles that lay vertically between my two bay windows had falled off! - It had been cracked and slowly moving over the past few years but finally now needs replacing

The tiles seem fairly old and Im having a bit of a problem trying to find out what they are 'known as' and where to buy replacements? - B&Q etc dont have a clue, and Ive tried Googling..but dont know what to search for?

Ive taken a pic (sorry its a bit cropped, link below) - the tiles can be seen bottom right of pic.

once (if!) I get a replacement, does anyone know if its just a case of nailing/screwing back in (its the very topmost tile) - and can they be painted, as they are starting to look a little blakced by dirt over the years?

Any advice much aprreciated!

Cheers

gg

Forget the sheds! Look in the Yellow Pages under "Salvage & Reclamation" or "Architectural Salvage" to find someone local who deals in reclaimed (second-hand) building materials - and take one of the tiles along, to find a match.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Are the rosemary clay tiles?

Reply to