Industrial Battereis

I had the general impression that professional cells are designed for a longer working life but won't provide as much current when called for. However PowerCurious.com claims pro cells provide more current.

Maybe comparing manufacturer's data sheets would help.

Like the OP, I don't find pro cells are noticeably better.

Reply to
Pamela

I don't find pro cells are noticeably better.

Reply to
Mark

With Duracell industrial, and consumer branded, there are a range of batteries aimed at either extremely low power (such as for a year or two in clocks) or higher power outputs.

That link seems to be a vey hand-wavy comparison often going off at a tangent and comparing alkaline with lithium rather than comparing industrial with consumer branding of the same type. No figures are given to back up the comparisons. The claim that consumer batteries are cheaper than industrial is not my experience but this may be that industrial are sold by warehouse type retailers rather than supermarkets.

My problem I've had with Duracell (alkaline) procell/industrial is that they now leak badly when getting towards the end of their life. This didn't happen with their batteries 10+years ago so possibly a change in production in the intervening years. That fact the branding of the batteries changed from Procell to Industrial and now back to Procell may suggest Industrial started to get a bad reputation.

As is common with most big brands they seem to regularly change ownership.

Reply to
alan_m