Indesit Washing Machine replacing pulley wheel

The pulley wheel on my indesit W113 snapped off in mid cycle. Made quite an impressive noise. I've bought a replacement and fitted it but now the drum won't spin smoothly (turning by hand) and the drive belt is slipping so it rubs on the back of the drum. There's quite a lot of resistance. When I removed the pulley wheel there were two washers under the main nut, then the pulley wheel 'socket' that was still in place. Underneath it were two more 'washers' (for want of a better word). Once was flat, the other had a series of small arches in it. This was fairly squashed and twisted. Underneath these are what seem to be a few small half-ballbearings set around the edge of where the nut screws. One of those semispherical bearings came out this morning as I was fiddling. Any advice as to how to get my pulley wheel back on straight? Are these semispheres some kind of bearings, have I messed them up and if I want to replace them (and that rinf with the little arches in it) what am I asking for from the supplier?

Reply to
Joel Payne

The bearing has fallen apart, it will have to be replaced, along with the second bearing and the oil/water seals.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks. Can anybody talk me through replacing it (the bearing and presumably spider). I've got the jist of it looking at other posts but I'd be grateful for a a run down.

Reply to
Joel Payne

On 7 Jul 2004 01:56:58 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@pablopayne.fsnet.co.uk (Joel Payne) strung together this:

That would be the bearing that has collapsed. Depending on how good you are with dismantling the entire drum it'll only cost ~£20 for the bearings and seals. If you're not, then budget ~£65 to have it repaired, or put the money towards a new one.

Reply to
Lurch