Impact driver great for removing screws with heads full of paint

I needed to remove a door the other day and was disappointed to find that the pozidrive screws holding the hinges in had all been painted over with about three coats of gloss paint.

In the past I've used a Stanley knife to clean out the paint from old fashioned slot headed screws but I thought Pozidrive screws full of paint would be a nightmare.

I then had the idea of using my recently purchased impact driver and it was a revelation! The screws came out really easily with no preparation - and then went back in again!

Reply to
Murmansk

Did you use a 'proper' impact driver that you hit with a hammer?

Reply to
GB

IDs are alike SDS drills - once you have one you can't understand how you did anything before

Reply to
nothanks

+1
Reply to
Tricky Dicky

No I used one of these new fangled electric ones by Makita!

Reply to
Murmansk