Immersion heater switch - terminals - help please.

I have purchased a 20A immersion heater switch with no paperwork included. Can someone advise me how to wire it?

Looking at the back of the switch there there are three terminals on the left side: Earth, L2 L1.

On thr ight side, there is:

Earth N2 N1

Which wires from the two 3-core cables (mains feed cable and immersion heater cable) go where?

Thank you.

Al

Reply to
AL_n

The mains cable goes L1 Brown N1 Blue E Green/Yellow

The Immersion cable L2 Brown N2 Blue E Green/Yellow

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Andy Cap wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Many thanks! :)

Al

Reply to
AL_n

Connect your input mains cable to one earth, L1 and N1, connect the load to the other earth, L2 and N2

Reply to
John Rumm

thirty-six wrote in news:55cda99b-d7dd-45f6-99e3- snipped-for-privacy@dp8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

So there IS a connection from one earth terminal to the other (although not visible), yes? I should have tested that with my ohm meter, but I was assuming that the two terminals must surely be connected... and now I am no longer at the premises.

The switch itself is a strange one. It has three red LEDs which shine through the white plastic switch fascia! (relying on the tranluciency of the plastic to be visible) - Made by Legrande... Discontinued model!. I hope that doesn;t mean it was a bad design in some way. Otherwise, I'm surprised they discontinued it, because aesthetically, I think it's nicer- than the type with a small red plastic window with a neon bulb behind.

Thanks to all for the clarifications.

Al

Reply to
AL_n

They will be joined. But as you say, if ever in doubt, a quick resistance check will tell you what you need to know.

Reply to
John Rumm

I think it was a condition of the standards in this country that the earth bar could be seen to be intact, even if not completely open, it could be seen from a side appature.

Some models become discontinued due to a change in catalogue reference. It could be just that your supplier is getting a better deal on another manufacturers products he considers of equal quality.

Reply to
thirty-six