Immersion heater element

Can anyone tell me the average rate for a bath-sized immersion heater element in the London area?

The last one I fitted (7 years ago) cost about £11 but when I phoned the local plumbers merchant they wanted £35 and £7 for a spanner! Surely they haven't gone up three-fold in 7 years?

Hurry please, I need a bath :-)

Reply to
DK

Some merchants quote 'retail' over the phone.

If it's a bog standard 36" immersion, TLC do them for around 8 quid + vat.

An anti-corrosive one is about 20 quid + vat

A dual heat 36 can cost 50.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Don't know about London prices, but Screwfix sell them for under £8. [If that's *all* you buy, you'll have pay £5.95 carriage on top of the item price (free on orders over £45)].

Alternatively, find your nearest Plumb Center

you should be able to get one for about £13 + VAT.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills