IKEA-style cam locks

I am designing a large floor-mounted cabinet.

Having recently assembled two large IKEA wardrobes using their cam lock system.

It was far more successful than I thought it might turn out that I plan to use the same method. Screwfix sell 15mm Hafele cam locks and the cam dowels to which they are attached.

What I cannot find is any information concerning jigs, appropriate drill bits or advice to ensure that tackling this does not become a hit-and-miss affair.

Reply to
pinnerite

Google

15mm Hafele cam locks

there are several videos.

Reply to
Richard

I could only find one video searching on "15mm Hafele cam locks".

No mention of jigs!

Thanks anyway.

Alan

Reply to
pinnerite

Make your own jigs! Possibly part of a jig would be similar to those required for dowels

Plus a Forstner Drill Bit for the cam hole.

Reply to
alan_m

I use the Screwfix 15mm cam locks, and measure and drill by hand though a clamped on block of wood to ensure holes are at 90. I have a 15mm Forster drill for the cam.

There is data on dimensions on the eBay listings.

Drilling distance B=35mm for the Screwfix ones but practice on scrap wood first! I found if the cam doesn't turn then ye haven't drilled the cam deep enough.

They only make sense used in conjugation with Dowels and the need to take the units apart in the future. If not, then just Dowels and glue?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Or Pocket Hole screws?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

ISTR the Hafele site for these gives full positioning info

Reply to
fred

I had a google and gave up!

Reply to