Ikea Kitchens

I recently bought an IKEA Kitchen with Installation- What a disaster. Half the Unit doors were missing and the other half were either scratched or damaged.

When I rang Customer Services they were more than useless. They had no concept of the stress that was caused. I specifically said all the way through that I did not want my kitchen fitted unless ALL parts were available.

I tried to speak to a manager and was told someone would ring me back. After 3 days and no phonecall I ended up having to refuse to get off the phone until someone in management would speak to me. I am left with half a kitchen. All my kitchen stuff is still in boxes in the lounge as I can't unpack yet as no doors and the other half need

replacing. I have been told it will be 3 weeks.

Has anyone else had the same experiences, and does anyone have a name of a director or the MD that I can speak to?

Reply to
c60w

[...]

Well, this is a DIY newsgroup. I didn't even know IKEA did installation. I'm very happy with the IKEA kitchens I've fitted myself. Sounds like you need a legal or consumer newsgroup.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Not my experience either, bought a largish kitchen a few years ago and fitted myself - they delivered almost 200 boxes / items - they spend almost

2 hours unloading (to where I wanted them stored, i.e not at the front door), all were correct & in A1 condition - well impressed

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

I had a similar experience many years ago - but what the hell. Built the kitchen - filled the cupboards and then the doors arrived. No problem. At least they didn't get damaged by me whilst trying to get the job done quickly.

John

Reply to
John