ideas for entire room bed

I have a basement that its almost tall enough to stand up in. It has a concrete floor that I would like to turn into a kindof "bed" surface so I can hold meetings in it where everyone sits on the floor. Any ideas for material to do this with? The room is about 12*18 and I'd like to do it as cheap as possible.

Thanks for you help Austin

Reply to
Austin

4 ideas :-

Foam, with canvas streched over the top. Futons Martial Arts practice mats Cheep quits from asda/tesco/woolies

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Whoohooo! A dungeon with a giant bed :-)

Reply to
TonyK

I won't ask what sort of meetings you hold where you you need a room-sized bed.... ;-)

Reply to
Lobster

mattresses. But why not make it a bit deeper? There is a minimal cost way to do it.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Al Reynolds

Room size bed down in the cellar? Whay-hay! "Meetings" my arse!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Nor shall I.

But when do we get our invitations?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Straw!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

In message , Capitol writes

Leave deviant politicians out of this

Reply to
raden

In message , Mary Fisher writes

Not until you get your whip out

Reply to
raden

Ah. Is there room for the other 12 and the cauldron?

I assume you will need good heating as well :-)

In teh old hippy days I have seen this done with no more than loads of old carpet, over almost anything. Futons are a good bet.

Mattresses are a pain to walk on, but futins are OK.

Best to build a slatted platform with air circ. underneath to avoid mould underneath the futons.

"Whats a Mistress, Mummy?"

"Something between a Mister and a mattress, dear"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Why not make a 'ball pit' a-la IKEA!

Reply to
Mike Hall

Would Rockwool be any good for this?

Old pallets? Would reduce the headroom though.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Ask your local asian community, they have suitable floorings in various religious buildings, and in Eastleigh were found to be sleeping in shifts on the whole first floor on one house and all the communicating roof spaces above the rest of the row (terraced housing).

Niel.

Reply to
Badger

"Badger" wrote | Ask your local asian community, they have suitable floorings | in various religious buildings, and in Eastleigh were found | to be sleeping in shifts on the whole first floor on one | house and all the communicating roof spaces above the rest | of the row (terraced housing).

Single family homes are exempt from HMO licencing.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I grew up in Eastleigh, my home town. Still go there occasionally to see the outlaws.

I wasn't aware that Eastleigh had any sort of ghetto community. Without being too specific may I ask which part was found to have this problem?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew McKay