Ideal electrical systems (just idle curiosity)

Which is relevant to Mr Paste's post *how* precisely? Do tell, I'm keen to know.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Careful, the numpties will insist on a on you passing a mowing test first...

Reply to
John Rumm

Wrong again Harry. It was a bit of blue-sky thinking about how it could have developed if it hadn't developed in the way it actually did.

Reply to
Nightjar

Drivel. It was posted as factual.

Reply to
harryagain

That only demonstrates that you didn't understand either the posting or the basis for the whole thread.

Reply to
Nightjar

Pretty much par for the course with harry.

Reply to
John Williamson

They have:

Nightjar

"Nightjar

Reply to
Andy Burns

Seems worse lately though. Don't think he is a spring chicken so it may be Dementia creeping in. Despite his irrational postings and opinions I wouldn't actually wish that on him.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Indeed, I know a number of people whose lives have been affected by people suffering from it. It's not nice.

Reply to
John Williamson

I'm not sure about 'creeping in'. Would anybody who was entirely rational have done what he did to his bungalow?

Nor on anybody.

Reply to
Nightjar

Wasn't somebody who lived under one of the super grid lines done a few years back for stealing electricity by induction?

Reply to
Nightjar

And how many only receive a shock some years?

Reply to
polygonum

Understand the sentiment but ...

The past two or three days someone nearby has been using a ride-on every evening and leaving some kids to career round the back roads for what seems like hours. Bloody noisy things they can be. And highly illegal for two boys of, I guess, around 10 to 12, to drive themselves on the public highway, sharing the single seat and almost falling off.

I have been waiting to see if Darwin will take a hand in this...

Anyway, ride-ons are very much out of favour at present.

Reply to
polygonum

With the "H&S won't allow that" attitude, some things stand out as notably dangerous, yet they seem to be allowed to continue ...

This week I noticed a council workman using a largish, walk-behind mower on about a 10' high bank angled steeper than 45°, looked like an accident waiting to happen.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Not with me they're not.

And I think my mower must have access to this ng. Next time I went to use it after posting the above, the handle of mine snapped at the point where it joins to the body of the machine, leaving me with a lawn partly mowed. Luckily there is a bracket on the arm and on the body so I was able to splint it, roping them together and finishing the job.

The part is called an "arm lower" p/n 107-3887-03 and it snapped at the weakest point.

Reply to
Tim Streater

... or some other body part.

Reply to
Nightjar

I put my foot in it there...:-)

Reply to
polygonum

I would have thought that enclosing a cable in water would change the relative permeability of the arrangement, and hence the inductance per metre of the cable?

(too long since I played with transmission line theory!)

Reply to
John Rumm

I guess it might - I was considering the capacitative effects only.

But assuming the armour is steel wire - how much I wonder?

Reply to
Tim Watts