In message , Mike Faithfull writes

Cet's working on it

anything for a quiet life ...

Reply to
raden

Too true Maxie, too true.

Reply to
IMM

try these guys , suppliers to the trade , but you can walk in , loads o

branches ,

can supply anything , heating related

-- Tony

Reply to
Tony

I only discovered CET yesterday ... sorry if the fingers were quicker than the brain - just trying to be helpful.

Reply to
Mike Faithfull

In message , Tony writes

Well, they are the biggest CH merchants ( by a long way) in the UK

Reply to
raden

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:21:15 -0000, "Mike Faithfull" strung together this:

Fairynuff, nothing personal!

Reply to
Lurch

I'm not expecting to 'see' anything. Just passing on a tip to those who find it difficult to see such things through advancing years.

But if checking voltages, etc, it helps to see where you're probing?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Judging by their website, they must be the same company or group as

(I sometimes use their local branch). Out of interest, what's the story, do you know? Plumbcenter do all the CH stuff as well.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Partscentre do indeed have it on their website... for =A3200 :-( I'll call CET in the morning and see what they say. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Mike.

Reply to
mikep77uk

I was more thinking about a visual inspection to look for damaged components. However ... trying to fault find with the pcb in place, attached to a loom with the boiler up and running, (this particular pcb is inside a plastic case and the display / controls pcb is attached to it), really isn't something which I would like to attempt. You can't really test it any other way without a test rig

Reply to
raden

I think the Wolsley group bought them out, more I don't really know

Reply to
raden

In message , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk writes

Just email me with your phone number and I'll give you a ring if I manage to sort it out in the next day or so

Reply to
raden

Any particular fault in common?

I've just been out to look at an ISAR whose PCB is blowing the fuse in the mains FCU. Checked that it's not the inline filter or the switch: I'm seeing about 3 ohms across L-N on the PCB/module connections with a normal DMM (i.e. not a megger or anything stupid).

Have you seen this fault Geoff?

Reply to
John Stumbles

In article , John Stumbles writes

I've not seen an Isar PCB, but in this case, assuming it has low voltage circuitry supplied by a conventional linear or switching power supply, would disconnect it from the boiler and do the usual checks on the primary side of that (i.e. check bridge rectifiers, chopping transistors if the supply is a switching type, etc.) 3 ohms is the sort of reading you'd get when a semiconductor component has decided to let the magic smoke out.

If the pump is run from the boiler (i.e. it has pump overrun), check it's not a failed pump.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

checked with all other cables disconnected from pcb/control module and it's still 3ohms. haven't opened up inside as there's a 'warranty void' sticker over one of the screws and although the machine's out of warranty soga still applies and I don't want to mess with it.

Reply to
John Stumbles

I mentioned earlier in the thread that for some reason I have a problem with (simulating) flame detection, I don't know why. Without being able to do this, I can't test the pcb other than it gets through part of the sequence. I intend to have another go this week. If I have any success, I'll report back. They do seem to be coming through thick and fast now

Reply to
raden