How to use weird wire stripper?

I bought this:

There are 4 cutting areas, I only understand 2.

Counting from the handle end, the second one simply slices through the whole cable and is very sharp and effective.

The third one is adjustable, and takes off the outer sheath after adjusting the thumbscrew above it.

I'm at a loss as to what the 1st and 4th ones do. I tried them, the first makes two little notches in the side of the cable, can't think what that's for. The 4th, depending which way up the black part is, strips to 1mm or to 5mm.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

1 coax cable 4 flat ribbon cable

Youtube explains all :)

alan_m

from the non-handle end :(

Reply to
alan_m

DOE regulation 3-289-3b requires 2 notches in the side of every cable. The UK doesn't have that rule.

just kidding.

Reply to
micky

A man of calibre should be able to understand how the tool is used or at least use Google to find out. Alan's link is pretty informative.

I sometimes wonder how many brain cells you have?

Reply to
Fredxx

Thanks. Damnit I thought I was buying something for the outer sheath of mains flex. It seems to do that anyway - using the adjustable one third from the handle end. But only up to about 10 amp cable.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

He doesn't know how to use them.

Reply to
inri

I'm sure that I've seen an instructional Youtube video showing how to use brain cells.

Reply to
alan_m

This is a discussion group. If you don't want to discuss it with him, skip his post, or skip all of them. There is no obligation to check Google first, and in this case, watching a video takes much longer than skimming or even reading a text file. Video are a last resort.

And then you add an insult! Take some responsibility for your having read the post. His post at least had a point. Yours is just obnoxious.

Reply to
micky

alan_m snipped-for-privacy@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote

Trouble is that its for food.