How to remove socketted arris rails?

I have to temporarily open a section of fencing tomorrow. It has wooden arris rails which are inserted into sockets on a concrete post. How can I get them out without damaging them please?

Do they bend enough to be able to?

Reply to
Mike Barnard

If the rails go straight into the concrete posts, you could cut through the rails at the point they enter the mortice, and re-fit them with metal brackets

Andy Burns

The Medway Handyman

If thats the only way, I'll take a saw as well as a claw hammer.

Thanks.

Reply to
Mike Barnard