How to remove a parked car

=80=9D =E2=80=98 or

as the ramps don't get in anybody's way.

Cyclists are neanderthals. If I saw one doing that, I'd pick HIM up and= throw him in the bushes. GORSE bushes.

-- =

There are two sides to every divorce: Yours and the stupid idiot's.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

You can insure and 'tax' a car with only one day left on the MOT.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

En el artículo , Tim+ escribió:

Aye. Sigh.

158 articles in this thread so far, all but 28 auto-killfiled.
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Surely you can insure a car without TAX or MOT?

You can only MOT a car (if driving it to the station) with Insurance.

You can only TAX a car if it has MOT and Insurance and the MOT must still be current at the time of the start of the new TAX.

So, if the TAX runs out on the 31st of August and the MOT on (say) the

28th of August, you won't be able to re-tax it in August ready for September because the MOT won't be valid for that period?

I had just that with a motorbike where the MOT expired on say the 20th and the tax was due for the next month. As I wasn't riding it at that time I left it until the beginning of the following month before getting it MOT'd and then Taxing it from the beginning of that same month. That way, next year I won't have to rush to get it MOT'd (if I'm not riding it) but will still be able to renew the TAX. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

James Wilkinson explained on 15/08/2016 :

Mine as near as matters is invisible unless you know it is there, just the lens visible. It has its own internal battery for when its car power source is off and whilst off, it monitors the car for shock or motion. Either condition then causes the cameras to begin recording.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I bet you get really pissed when people take over your troll and talk about stuff, while ignoring you.

Reply to
dennis

I see no ignoring.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Yes, I'm enjoying ignoring him.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Andrew is right .... if there is no dropped kerb, then they have not applied for planning, and do not pay the increased council tax that goes with it. If they don't want to apply and don't want to pay - then anyone who blocks their access is not in the wrong.

Reply to
rick

Yes.

I've never had an MOT station check the insurance.

Yup.

But in the case of this dumped car, they could all have been valid when it was dumped. Or not. And all run out at different times.

It's generally only relatively new cars where all come up together. With bangers, most prefer them spaced out so you don't get one large bill.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You really are a dick

Reply to
bert

Bullshit - and I have kill-filed you as your posts are mindless crap.

Reply to
bert

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

Maybe that's why their income is down considerably since they scrapped tax discs.

Reply to
bert

So am I now I have told him so.

He will nymshift soon enough.

Reply to
dennis

You're only serving to amuse me. And you're not ignoring me if you're talking about me.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

You know everything about me then do you?

Oh no! It's the end of the world!

Reply to
James Wilkinson

You're not allowed to do that twice.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Too much hassle to fit one like that, I just stuck mine to the window. It scares people who nearly hit me when I point to it and say "you're on camera".

Which must be many times smaller than your car battery, so pointless.

Which is too late.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Yes. He does that when people realise who he is. What a wanker.

Note for ULM users: "James Wilkinson" is troll Mr Macaw's latest handle.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I change it for a change, that is all.

Reply to