How to open a CH Timer? Randall 4033

I need to move a CH Timer from it's position in the kitchen to a temporary site, however, I cant get into the thing and I'm afraid of breaking the plastic case if I use too much force on it. I cant see any screws on it so I assume you lever it off. It's a Randall 4033. Can any kind soul tell me how to get into it without destroying it? Cheers Tom

Reply to
Tom

I seem to remember that if you undo the screw that holds the cable connector in (look upwards underneath the thing) that when the cables are disconnected you can slide the whole outer cover up and off, leaving the back screwed to the wall. Maybe. Look up it with a torch and see.

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

No

Randall 4033 -

remove the two nuts on the switches and remove the cover, you might need to move the tappets around to get it past the dial

There are two screws at the top which you need to unscrew to release it from the backplate. Lift the timer body upwards to remove it from the backplate.

To remove the back of the timer, you need to remove the three push-ons which retain it, (best done with an electrical screwdriver on one of the teeth , moving around until it's loose )

You are now inside the Randall 4033.

What do you want to do now ?

I've just thrown 20 - 30 out this week in a big clean up, but still have lots of bits around

ring me if you need some bits - details at

raden

Much obliged Geoff, have found how to get into it (see follow-up post). As a temporary solution I just wanted to reposition it as I'm refurbishing my kitchen. It's working OK, but I will eventually replace with a more sophisticated type. Cheers and Thanks. Tom

Reply to
Tom