How to melt shoe polish?

I wore one yesterday. It did occur to me that the previous time was also to a funeral.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I was specifically told NOT to use spit as it is greasy rather a small amount of water in the polish tin lid should be used.

I was on parade once when I had to march out to the officer taking it, he had brown shoes on but with black bulled toes.

Reply to
soup

My Dad used to "spit and polish" his shoes. I don't recall him ever setting fire to them, though.

Reply to
Huge