How to install a lintel

Hi all

The next phase of the BBQ is to fit a row of concrete lintels I have laying around to make the base for the cooking "trough". The will be supported on either end and in the centre. Conscious they are a bit heavy, do I need to mix the mortar any differently my usual block laying mix? Was thinking they might "sink" to the block underneath

They are about 2m long too.

Any top tips / things to be wary of?

Thanks in advance

Lee.

Reply to
leen...

You could use a few of those plastic spaces which are intended to give you and even mortar spacing. They look like an H with very short verticals and a long -.

Or, perhaps a few stainless steal nuts or similar as spacers.

Reply to
Brian