How to get PVCU door frame square?

Hi all,

I am trying to `toe & heel` my front door (glass panel top,plastic panel on bottom) I have managed to get the beading off and now have access to the `packers` No matter which way I try I dont seem to be able to get the door frame square.

Any helpful tips would be useful.

Reply to
SS

remember that packing should apply diagonal load i.e. top right down to bottom left on a left hand hinged door.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

My apologies if this sounds stupid what is left or right?

My door if I am standing in the street facing the door has the hinges on the left and opens inwards. If I look at the door from the inside the hinges are on the right? So is it right or left handed?

Reply to
SS

You will have to do the packers in both the panels (glass and plastic) with the door in situ. Prise the door up "too high" on the non-hinged side and put the packers in. You have to put packers in all four sides in two positions near the corners to stop the panel/glazing unit moving about. You then try the dor open and closing and all the locks etc. They normally come with the locks/hinges all adjusted,but sometimes not. The door relies on the panels for it's rigidity.

B****d job sometimes.

Thanks for your reply harry. Correction, the top (glass) and bottom (UPVC) panels are one, the glass for the top part appears to be moulded into the panel. So it is just one large panel not 2 as indicated in my original post.

When you say `prise the door up too high` do you mean prise up from under the main frame OR prise the panel up?

thanks