How to draughtproof up-and-over garage doors?

What techniques or products have people used successfully to seal their up-and-over garage doors? Google turns-up rubber strips, brushes and a rubber "bump" that you stick to the floor - which ones work in practice? What about the top and the sides?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:02:09 +0100, Dave wrote (in article ):

I've done this successfully on all four sides using vinyl strip approx 60mm wide.

I cut strips of hardwood approx. 25mm wide and 8mm thick and treated them with two coats of exterior varnish. Two strips are used for each edge.

One strip was then fastened to the door with stainless steel self tapping screws (this will vary according to the door). The other was fastened to it, with the vinyl strip in between and projecting at the edge, using stainless steel screws.

The strip itself is not quite flat but has a ridge at the centre and makes an angle in the two halves of about 160 degrees. On the top and sides, it is arranged to push gently against the frame and at the bottom it brushes the floor.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Tried lots of things but only really got right by replacing with proper doors in a rebated frame with a cill and I put laminated glass in the doors for extra light

As I was using the garage as a workshop rather that a garage it was ideal

Tony

Reply to
TMC