How to de-scale a loo that is connected to a Septic tank?

That is my understanding also.

No idea. I rodded all mine cos thats all I had

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

well it does, but only some of them

Septic tanks are bloody big and full of water

And the Ph soon neutralises and shit is full of new bugs

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not really a septic tank, more of a cess pit.

Right, you've just described a septic tank. Sometimes these apparently have two chambers, but I'm not sure why.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Mine had THREE.

And it was still crap. The replacement Klargester that ensures aerobic breakdown is infinitely superior.

The tanks are a crude way of getting better and better settlement of inorganic sediments and such solids as may form.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher posted

Is there not a risk that the acid will erode the siphon washer and cause a leak?

Reply to
Handsome Jack

Yeah, but are you a DIY-er or a snowflakery wuss?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

replying to The Natural Philosopher, Guru wrote: Check out Vulcan, its a German product around for some 40 years in industry. Its NOT magnetic and works for my whole house. I installed it and its brilliant, saw huge improvements with limescale in the toilet pans, shower nozzles and heating as well. Its totally safe to use with septic tanks - no chemicals or descalers ever

Reply to
Guru

It's the old wire round pipe scam. Despite being magnetic it claims to not be magnetic.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr