How to clean water marks on exterior gloss

I've got lots of drip marks on my face boards. The source of the drips has now been fixed by throwing immense amounts of money at retiling the roof. How can I easily cleanup the drip marks? I thought they'd just polish off with a rag, but they seem to be more resilient, like scale marks on a sink.

Kilrock seems a bit extreme, not to mention expensive - I don't want to damage the paint, since I'm trying to avoid repainting the whole lot. That was done recently anyway.

The other question is - how have I ended up with scale marks when this is rain water we're talking about? My roof is not made of lime or chalk!!

Reply to
Nutkey

use acid or repaint.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

I keep a sprayer of 10-20% citric acid for cleaning all such marks in bathroom and kitchen - the scale is usually only light and wipes off leaving chrome and enamel especially gleaming. If your deposits aren't old and thick it would probably work for you. Buy citric by the kilo from your local Asian foods suppliers.

Spamlet