How small a gap can a mouse get through?

It's fascinating isn't it!

Tt's the rigidity of the skull which determines what size of hole - in rodents at least, can be accessed.

I can't get my body through a hole my head would go though :-(

Mary.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's a worry. That's what I was supplied with to stop them - I have an ornamental cast iron grill between the front door steps which help vents the cellar and has much larger holes than that. But since covering the inside with mesh a few years ago no signs of mice. Instead of near every year previously. Perhaps it only stops adult mice, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You're convinced by the lies? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Do you have whiskers and pointy front teeth too?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's more to do with the type of mice, house mice are little grey things that will get through a very small hole (I was also told that if you can push a biro through then the house mouse will get through). Woodmice are much larger.

I have not seen house mice since we first moved in 30+ years ago but woodmice regularly walk in in the autumn whilst doors are left open.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

I'm not answering that!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

so, someone actually /placed/ the mouse inside the CU ?

the plot thickens.

Reply to
.

Perhaps it got in as a baby and got fat - but insufficiently fed - on the insulation.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The poor thing I saw had only done 230v so there was no crisping.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

nah, without protien the mouse would have became catabolic within a few hours and it would have started to /lose/ weight.

someone put the mouse in the CU.

question is, why ?

Reply to
.

I do wish you wouldn't ask these questions when I've just put the black helicopter away.

John

Reply to
John White

I bought a second hand elling lee ceramic hob cooker.

There was a mouse - a mummified mouse BEHIND the Fascia where the knobs are - I took the thing apart to clean it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Perhaps they didn't need it any more, they'd bought a pointer.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Mary Fisher" typed

Maybe you can't, but I understand prisons etc are designed on the principle that some people can...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

I've no idea about that but I'm just too fat :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Have you not been watching "Prison Break" on Channel 5?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Gives "proving dead" a whole new meaning...

But that's nothing. There was a case here a few years ago that made it to the local paper. Occupants had noticed a strange smell in the under-stairs cupboard. Transco could find no gas leak and suggested the cause might be electrical. An electrician was called and found a dead

*snake* in the consumer unit.
Reply to
Andy Wade

Sizzling viewing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Mary Fisher" typed

Yebbut some people are 'stick insects'.

Prisons etc have to be built to detain all inmates.

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Perhaps - my observation was that I couldn't do it :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher