How Noisy Should My Combi Be ??

UPDATE for those still interested still waiting for installer to fill in the benchmark form we got a new blank one sent by worcester

Reply to
MiniEmma

Another UPDATE

My Installer came round last night and filled in Benchmark form, so I rang Worcester Bosch today and gave them my installers details and an engineer from Worcester will be here between 8am an 6pm on Saturday :-D

Reply to
MiniEmma

I turned on my (combi boiler powered) heating for the first time this season a few days ago, and the pump made one hell of a racket. I was all for calling out a plumber when I realised I hadn't bled the radiators yet. A quick bleed of the top radiator (I have one higher than all the others, so all the air ends up in that one) and the pump is near-silent again.

Reply to
Ben

Interesting, what kind of racket?

I only ask coz I wouldn't describe the noise we get as a racket, just quite loud.

Reply to
MiniEmma

I could hear it in every room in the house. It sounded like a sort of metallic scraping noise, hard to describe, but a bit like dragging a bag full of metal things over rough concrete. I thought a bearing had got mashed or something.

Reply to
Ben

BUGGER

Worcester engineer confirms that that's the volume it should be :-(

He said I could try turining the pump down to number 2 but it may overheat and cut off but 'he wouldn't do it and that he never said it' wink wink

also said that I should have a room stat under building regs Part L which i knew but the installers said not to bother, so i'll fit one now and then i can leave my trv's at full to stop the whistling, might just remove the buggers. and also the room stat will shut off the boiler pump when temperature is reached therefore reducing the noise factor again.

still really pissed off tho :-(

Reply to
MiniEmma

Hi,

Does it make the same amount of noise when starting from cold? Also what sort of pipe is used to connect the pump and what is it fixed to? Connecting the pump with 'flexibles' and fixing it via rubber bushings should help, or try a better quality pump.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C