How long to plaster a room

Hi all

In the process of re-fitting my kitchen and I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to need to get a plasterer in.

The kitchen is approx 20 x 9 foot, but because it's partly an extension it's more like 2 rooms of 10 x 9. There are areas that need making good where the plaster has come away from the breeze block,and other areas just need a skim.

New ceilings have been put up in each 'half' of the room and these will need a skim too

I know without actually seeing the kitchen this is a bit 'how long is a piece of string' but any ideas on how many days a single plasterer would need to make good the whole room.(Room is clear of all cabinets etc)

Cheers

Jim

Reply to
Jim

I had a room in our house which was 20foot x 10 foot, it took him 1 day to do the ceiling and 1 wall (the 20 foot wall),

so in your case I wouldn't think it would take more than 2 days, maybe

2.5 days it there are any tricky bits
Reply to
BeerBoy

As BB says, it will take best part of a day to do the ceiling and maybe one smallish wall. Then another day and possible half to finish everything off.

Reply to
Phil L

Sorry also ment to ask what the going daily rate is - I'm in Surrey

Cheers

Jim

Reply to
Jim

The going rate varies up&down the country and know one can give you an exact figure. Suggest you phone around locally and get a few quotes would be the best option. A ball park figure would be in the region of between £80 to £100 a full wall but again this depends on the plasterer and location.

Reply to
George

Around here (N Kent) its £160 - £200 a day.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman