How long is is a days parking voucher valid for?

Well you might be travelling from outside London.

Reply to
Max Demian

Oh dear oh dear ...

"someone who thinks they know best" ... I would suggest more people voted Remain because they *didn't* think they knew best.

"against the tide of the populous" ... the 2/3rds who *didn't* vote FOR change?

Oh the irony. 1/3rd of the electorate voted to leave when they had *NO IDEA* what they would *ACTUALLY GET* for their vote.

Yes, some *thought* that the NHS would 'get the money instead' or they hoped that all the foreigners would be sent home or that the hoards of Turks would be stopped from coming in and doing who knows what but that's the point, most of what they were threatened would happened won't and there is a good chance they won't get what they were promised.

So, democracy would be people being promised something that was actually likely to happen and them voting for those things, not a load of other things that in many cases were just spin and catchphrases.

For something as important as a 'once in a generation' non-reversible vote, it really needed the supermajority that Firrage insisted would apply for Remain to win.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

No, 2/3 didn't vote to stay in the EU.

The irony is that 2/3rds knew sufficient to not stay in the EU.

The other 1/3 hadn't a clue and simply moan all the way to Brexit.

Yes, some *thought* we would have Armageddon.

And yes, we will get the money back from the EU, plus any money gained from import tariffs, not just 20%.

Yes, like project fear.

Which would have made the continuing argument to leave all the more strong and decimated the current political structure with UKIP becoming a far bigger player.

You haven't thought this through.

Reply to
Fredxx
<snip>

I know they didn't and that's not what I said?

How did you figure that when (only) 1/3rd voted TO stay?

That bit is true. ;-)

Not most of the Remainers though. You don't typically have Armageddon if you don't change the status quo.

Ok?

No such thing mate. You are getting confused between spin and realism.

Whatever?

Ironically (again), I have thought 'this though' more than most who voted for something that they had little control of and *no* understanding of the final outcome and it's cost to everyone.

I knew what we had and I knew that the chances are our cow was worth more than the magic beans.

Every day this white elephant limps on, costing us millions and distracting the system from important matters, proves just how 'IT' wasn't thought though AT ALL.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

populace

Reply to
Chris Green

Simply because 2/3 of the electorate didn't vote for remain. Do keep up using you own silly arguments.

So we have some common ground.

But some were scared into voting Remain.

Sometimes a change is for the best or stagnation at best is bound to occur.

You are in denial. Or have a very poor memory. I'm not your mate.

Most teenagers would say that was agreement.

Reply to
Fredxx

It wasn't a silly argument it was a fact? There was a question of who wants to leave the EU and only 1/3rd of the electorate voted to LEAVE THE EU. The other 2/3rds DIDN'T 'vote to leave the EU'. How more straightforward could it be?

I'm sure we do.

Being 'unsure that the promises will be carried out' and that 'I'm not sure we are doing so badly as we are' are being scared into anything? Most people would think it sensible, NOT to gamble a fairly safe known for a complete unknown, especially when 2+ years later we still don't know what Leaving will actually mean?

Yes, 'sometimes' it might be but are you suggesting this is actually the *reason* for all of us to leave and now and that's what most people who voted Leave actually voted for, a protest against 'stagnation'?

We well see. How is the Brexit thing going for you?

I still have a reasonably good memory as it happens.

I'm sorry, I forgot you are a gullible and literal Left Brainer.

Is this the teenagers who could *now* vote on the EU farce? The teenagers who will have you live with your reckless gambling on some magic beans, long after you are dead?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Using your silly argument, 2/3 didn't vote to remain in the EU.

Using your words again, "How more straightforward could it be"?

If you don't think the argument I have put forward is silly, then fair doos.

A step into the unknown can lead to greater things.

We do know, hard Brexit is on the cards because the EU want to split up the UK. Imagine how Spain would feel if there was a new border between Catalonia and the rest of Spain, or a new border separating East and West Germany. Do get real. No deal where there is a border in the Irish Sea will ever be acceptable.

Change must be slow, and politicians shouldn't run counter to the country's feelings and endorse a number of issues foisted upon us by the EU.

So far it is going well. Sales are up, salary is up. New bonus.

I forgot you were the sort of remainer who abuses others who disagree with you.

The only farce is the insistence of a border within the UK, something that will never happen.

I presume the same teenager who needs help tying his own shoelaces and can't buy himself a drink or cigarette.

As you are aware, the older you are the more likely you are to vote Brexit. Something that comes with maturity which is of course a continuing process.

Reply to
Fredxx
<snip>

Lovely weasel word that, 'can'.

It can also lead (with potentially more likelihood, given the views so far and in comparison to what we already had) into a ravine?

'We'?

Because of the lack of an acceptable deal because there isn't any such thing. There isn't any such thing because the majority don't want it. They don't want it because they can't see the point of it and are aware that it could cost us big time, long time.

Cite?

Local issues for local people.

Exactly.

As a left brainer you (obviously) have NO IDEA about *feelings*. If you (or your kind) did you would 'get' how a near 50:50 of those who voted and 2/3rds of the electorate DID NOT vote to leave the EU.

Issues that would be easier to resolve from within and certainly than all the extra stuff that would be foisted upon us should we leave with a bad deal over which we would have no say at all.

Think yourself lucky and it might be best not to count your chickens ... (and trust a left brainer to take the 'you' literally when it's an international event).

How can an honest observation be considered abuse, 'mate'?

The mindset of those likely to gamble on an unknown where it could impact everyone and badly *is* going to be different to those not willing to do the same. You have already chosen your 'side'.

More nice weasel / distraction words.

See above. Why are you so petrified to let those now more likely to suffer the outcome of this farce (generated mostly by people who will soon be dead) for longer (with a timescale in 'generations')? Anyone would think you had realised you got a bogus, bigoted and fluke result and a peoples vote (on what we are *actually* likely to get, as opposed to the lies and BS we were promised) would crush those minority interest fantasies?

Yup (see above).

Bwhaha. Yeah, like general racism and the demeaning of women etc ... more likely of the older generations than the young.

The real sad thing here is you are one of those (generations), you don't realise it and so can't hear yourself. ;-(

We are working round the world to remove borders and barriers (apart from Trump and his crazy projects of course) so why on earth would we want to put one up between one of our biggest customers, suppliers and social neighbours?

The answer, from the UK electorate over two years ago (before the lies and bogus Leave promises were outed) is that 2/3rds didn't want to leave. That should have been the end of it.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

And it can lead to disaster too.

The odds on brexit leading to better things for the majority are pretty low. There will be plenty of opportunity for the rich to exploit brexit though.

The EU doesn't want the UK split up. They don't want an open border unless the other country applies its import rules. Its the brexiteers that want to split the UK because they can't think of any way to achieve what is wanted by the EU. Its not surprising that they can't they thought the EU would just cave in and accept whatever they said.

Reply to
dennis

"NI is the price the UK must pay for Brexit"

So they should come up with a solution then.

Of course they can but the EU is determined to say No regardless

Well we haven't pushed them yet. May has given them everything they've asked for in the abysmal WA

Reply to
bert

Tim stop using this '2/3 rds did not vote to leave' as if it has ANY relevance', yes it is factually true but you seem to use it as meaning

2/3 rds had expressed a preference for staying. Nearly a third could not be bothered to get of their a&*e and vote (and lets be honest virtually everyone was catered for[polling booths were open at 7 in the morning until 10 at night, there were postal votes for anyone who couldn't make that 15 hour slot) either way. Using this precise logic we could say 2/3 rds DID NOT vote to remain.

Yes it was only a SLIGHT majority of those who could be bothered to vote who voted leave but in a democracy (when no limits are set. As they were in the Scottish independance referendum in '79) a slight majority is still a majority (50%+1)

Reply to
soup

Good. That's something at least and a *massive* point in all this.

Nope. You might be taking it that way but I can't be held responsible for how you choose to take things.

<snip the rest unread as it's bound to be more outpourings and excuses from a left brainer>

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Good, we've moved forward a very long way here.

Typical from a remainer who has lost his argument.

Reply to
Fredxx

I'm sure they're very grateful to you for your generosity.

You turned up, they felt her pain.

Rough translation, you've never been caught.

I am in awe of your recklessness.

Reply to
Richard

Plop.

It's bound to come out with other statements without reading others opinions.

Reply to
soup

By we you mean you, as I knew what I was saying from the outset.

Typical fanatic leaver with no real argument in the first place (because there isn't one, or one that is agreed on by 'most people' anyway).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Aww bless.

I don't need to read your 'opinion' to know just how little you understand about human beings. I don't blame you for that because as a left brainer, how could you?

The facts are all there for anyone with an open / human / high EQ ability to see.

Very few people were thinking of us leaving the EU as a solution to our (mostly internal) problems.

When pushed into doing it and the highly questionable vote went the way it did (and the only way that made any difference), the PM resigned.

Then the leader of the very party that caused it all resigned.

Then two Brexit secretaries resigned.

Then numerous MP's resigned.

Now, two years later we are still arguing over if we should do it or not and if we do it we have no idea what impact that will have on us.

If it was actually a good idea, a real solution to anything then 1) More people would have requested it, 2) more people would have voted for it and 3) we would have done it by now.

So, until I see your opinions deal with the real world (not some arbitrary numerical threshold) and you start considering the opinions of the *vast majority* who didn't vote to leave the EU, I'll not consider your arrogant (lazy voters etc) opinion seriously.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It would be funny if it weren't so serious. Brexiteers like Moggie claiming the moral high ground just because of a simple majority in a vote. When it is plainly obvious even the well informed didn't fully understand the issues. So how could Joe Public be expected to?

Perhaps we should go back to the days of buying votes with money. At least then the voter gets something. Unlike the false promises of the leave campaign.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I actually had the head of parking enforcement call me to thank me and say they were cancelling the fine. I don't know if anyone else had their fine cancelled as a result of what I told them.

Well some people pay attention while driving and some don't. The ones that don't get caught doing things they shouldn't.

So was my passenger.

Reply to
dennis