How long after damp proof injection can you decorate

My colleague is buying an old house and has to have damp proof chemicals injected. They also have to chop back the plaster upto 6 feet on 3/4 of the house.

Its obviously going to be plastered, but how long after can you re- decorate?

When I bought my first house (about 15 years ago), I had the same thing done and I seem to remember I wasn't allowed to decorate for something like 6 months due to the 'salt deposits' coming out of the plaster.

Is this still the case? Will he be able to redecorate shortly after the walls have been plastered, or do you have to wait?

Jon

Reply to
jon.p.weaver

DPC injection is nearly always inappropriate advice for historic buildings. For more info ask

for paint after plastering, straight away if you use a porous paint.

NT

Reply to
meow2222