how hot do you run you CH boiler

John Rumm has brought this to us :

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Of course. But would you want to fiddle with boiler temperture on a cold snap? Seems a rather old fashioned way of doing things.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah - right. With my Viessmann which has weather comp, the rads in the main room - no TRVs - would perhaps be too hot to touch when the system first comes on - but soon drop back to a lower temp. If you ran it 24/7, unless it was very cold, they've never be too hot to touch - although the rads I have include a faceplate which doesn't get up to the full water temp (Thermapanels - bought more for the look than this feature, many years ago)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yup the VR470 has been superseded as well. A VRT350 looks like a replacement if you don't need the weather compensation. The VR65 looks like a possible replacements for the 61.

Reply to
John Rumm

The site exists, but not with the www.

Reply to
Graham.

none of it did what I wanted.. just two boiler ons with individual temperature control.

I have seven dual port valves and I want them controlled by timer stats.

I took the easy route and wire or'd the end switches and no additional panel for the boiler.

Reply to
invalid

How odd. I've sent you my version of the manual - 2010 I think.

Reply to
RJH

I had a quick look, thanks, but that's overkill for me. And thanks to the others regarding isolating/regulating.

Reply to
RJH

John Rumm used his keyboard to write :

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com brought next idea :

The boiler only has a single call for heat and a single boiler output temperature setting. The 418 I have, has a digital display and a +/- button for temperature setting.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The quick look I gave it appeared to suggest that. What I am not sure of is how you would set the various parameters without also having some kind of controller in there... What timer/programmer have you currently got?

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm explained :

Just a basic electronic one, with battery backup, with an override until next action, on for one hour when off on both CH and HW.

If it will work, the intelligence for setting it has to be in the boiler itself, so it must signal the HW demand back to the boiler, via the ebus. The boiler does have ebus terminals. It also has terminals for the NTC outdoor sensor - Do you happen to know whether the NTC is a

10K or 100K?

The manual for the boiler is here -

It has rather a lot of settings in there, monitoring options and fault codes. Unfortunately I cannot find any mention of suitable extra controls and options at all. As you suggested, there is no 'big picture'.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I *think* its 10K, but I am by no means sure.

On mine all those kids of things can be set from the VR470, but I could not do it from the boiler's internal display / interface alone. Hence the suspicion that you would also need something like the VR350 to give you the access to the settings...

(alternatively there is I believe PC software available to talk to the eBus for configuration and reading current state etc - so you could possibly "configure and forget" it that way).

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm explained on 13/01/2019 :

I had no idea about that. I will see if I can find it..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield has brought this to us :

DIY interfaces here -

Harry Bloomfield