How do I test a CCTV camera ???

I have a CCTV camera, made by Sony (body and lens type) that gives out a 1V signal.

I am not sure if this is faulty or the PC card on computer.

How can I test if the camera works ?? I cannot just put the signal into a telly or computer monitor, or can I ??

Any ideas.

Reply to
boombangabang

You could connect an oscilloscope.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Well that's what I'd do (plug it into a TV). Provided it hasn't been grossly mis-wired, the worst that could happen is you get no picture. It may be an NTSC standard camera, in which case you won't get a picture on a normal british TV[1]. Just make sure you plug the camera into the correct socket on your TV.

Pete

[1] yes I know you can get sets that will switch between PAL/NTSC
Reply to
Peter Lynch

Most produce a standard baseband 'TV' video output so yes you can check it with a TV with a composite video input. Either with a SCART adaptor or the yellow phono on the games connector.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But make sure it's plugged into either an S-Video socket (will only show monchrome) or scart with composite (rather than RBB) option, no poit pluggin it into the aerial socket (unless you have a modulator)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Be more specific ie...

What card are you plugging it into? What type of connector does it sport, BNC,PHONO, ect.

Reply to
George

Most TVs and a lot of computer monitors now have a composite in using a phono socket. You could use a phono plug to phono plug lead plus a phono socket to BNC adapter at the camera end. Then connect camera to power supply with the correct polarity and then select the correct aux on your tv/monitor and voila.

Reply to
FKruger

Uh, you aren't ARWadsworths next door neighbour (NDN) are you? Did you have a problem installing the camera, involving a lounge window and an electric drill?

Reply to
Dave Gordon