How do I take this thermostat off the wall to renew it?

radiator heating will only start when put to continuous if the water heating is put on continuous as well, so I presume that the thermostat is faulty ( could there be another cause?). Ther are only two wires going into a hole on the other side of the wall so the thermostat must come off from the front. I would be grateful if anyone could point me to the right way to get it off. Thanks, |P

Reply to
Phil McCavity

Or are we waiting for your friend Ben Doon to come along and shout "troll!"

Reply to
Andy Burns

On the bottom edge should be, either, two slots that you stick a flat screw driver in and release the front, or two screws that you turn to release the front.

Reply to
BigWallop

I had exactly that model. I seem to recall some difficulties working out the securing mechanism, so I removed it with a lump hammer. Unfortunately, I can't remember the "correct" way to remove them, although it was obvious at the time from the remaining pieces.

However, you should note that it isn't a thermostat, but a central heating programmer. You might also want to do some sort of fault finding investigation, rather than just replacing components randomly.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Look for some small screws underneath, they slacken then the whole thing rotates around the top edge disconnecting from the backplate. This is not a themostat it is a timer/programmer.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

If you look underneath on the right, you'll see a tab the same colour as the front. Push this up with a screwdriver, and hinge the light coloured front upward.

However, it's a programmer, not a thermostat. And if the lights work as normal and you can hear the relays click if you toggle the buttons to alter the state, I'd say the problem is likely elsewhere.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

SNIP

Phil McCavity