I have a carrier SYSTXCCUID 01-B thermostat. When the power goes off and on quickly it malfunctions is it bad.?

There is a 5 minute time delay built into the thermostat. If the power flashes off and back on it will enter time delay mode. This is to keep the equipment from short cycling. I would start by removing the thermostat and check the control wires and make sure there are no loose connection. A loose connection will cause problems if it is bumped or due to viberation.

Reply to
stanhvac1

Works fine if power goes off for a longer period of time. Quick bumps cause thermostat to set furnace to off and sometimes lose programmed setting. Replace thermostat? Battery backup cheaper?

Reply to
razz