how do i increase pressure in Vailant economax 828/2?

I think you'll find, if my Vaillant is anything to go by, two valves on the bottom of the combi, visible on the right, one near the edge, the other a little further in ( you'll need to crane your neck). These need a special key(s) which should have been supplied with your boiler ( they are like radiator keys ). You need to turn both to open with the appropriate key, to recharge the pressure. If memory serves I think you start by opening the rhs one first, then the one further inboard. Reverse the sequence when up to pressure.

Andy

Reply to
andrewpreece

Noticed evidence of weeping at the valve of bathroom rad. When I got round to checking pressure on boiler, it is down to 1 bar as opposed to 1.5 when it was installed last year. I have the owners manual but there is nothing in it to say how to increase water pressure. (There is a simple on / off control which shares the same window as the pressure guage, currently set to on - anything to do with increasing pressure?) I seem to recall engineer who fitted the boiler mumbling about 'water supply control underneath' but there are at least 5 pipes and nothing obvious. Can anyone with the same boiler please advise? (I would contact the engineer, but he is rarely in the shop. When I asked him to re-site a rad in the bathroom 3 months ago, he came, promised to price the job, but never bothered to quote - job too small probably.)

I am somewhat anxious since I understand that the entire system will explode and vapourise the whole street, without benefit of insurance, and result in me being blacklisted by every plumber, electrician and builder in the western hemisphere if I allow it to drop much further. At the very least, it will turn itself off and refuse to co-operate until a plumber can get here in 2007, if a better job doesn't come along first. All help appreciated.

ZD

Reply to
Zipadee Doodar

I think you'll find that they have slots for a screwdriver in them if all else fails. You should have been left with both the user and installer instuctions and the filling key...

Reply to
Ed Sirett