How can I resurface marble table top?

I have a table with a white marble top that is left outside all year. Over a few years the surface has weathered and become rough. I would like to smooth it and possibly protect it (too heavy to move indoors).

My first thought was to use very fine wet and dry emery paper on a flat board with water lubricant. Is there some better way?

I have no idea what to use to protect it, nor even if it a good idea. I know I could use a varnish of some kind but this would create a different surface and change the colour. Has anyone used a protective coating that he or she can recommend?

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

A *good* tile supplier will have sealants for marble, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That is a start. Then finish up with 'T cut' on a buffing mop.

I have used lithofin sealer and color enhancer on marble tiles to reasonable effect.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's a great idea. I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks

Right I'll try to get hold of that

Reply to
Peter Scott